North Korea says it's more than happy to take part in further talks with the USA but only if the latter displays the "right attitude".
Kim Jong-un said that was the only way he would agree to take part in a third summit with US President Donald Trump.
The comments were reported by North Korean state media on Saturday.
Kim urged Trump to agree to a deal that was "mutually acceptable" for both sides.
The leaders have met twice so far, once in Singapore last year and a second time in Hanoi in February.
However, the latest talks in Vietnam were cut short over denuclearisation steps.

Trump announces commitments for Gaza reconstruction at Board of Peace
Police arrest King Charles' brother Andrew over misconduct relating to Epstein
South Korean court hands life term to ex‑President Yoon in insurrection trial
Over 20 countries to attend Trump's Board of Peace meeting on Thursday
Eight skiers found dead after California avalanche