The death toll from a series of explosions, targeting churches and hotels in Sri Lanka, has risen to 207.
Sri Lanka’s defence minister announced that seven suspects had been arrested.
The police, however, did not reveal the motive behind the attack. “We cannot say who is behind the attacks and what their intentions were until the investigation is complete,” police spokesperson Ruwan Gunasekara said.
Three churches in Kochchikade, Katuwapitiya and Batticaloa were targeted on Sunday, while Shangri La, Cinnamon Grand, Kingsbury and a forth hotel in Colombo were also hit.
Most of the attacks were thought to be suicide bombings, officials added.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has called a national security council meeting later in the day.
"I strongly condemn the cowardly attacks on our people today. I call upon all Sri Lankans during this tragic time to remain united and strong," he said in a Tweet.

Trump announces commitments for Gaza reconstruction at Board of Peace
Police arrest King Charles' brother Andrew over misconduct relating to Epstein
South Korean court hands life term to ex‑President Yoon in insurrection trial
Over 20 countries to attend Trump's Board of Peace meeting on Thursday
Eight skiers found dead after California avalanche