Ras Al Khaimah’s Tourist Development Authority (RAKTDA) has pledged support to visitors from Kazahkstan who became stranded in the emirate.
The tourists were unable to return home last week due to “airline connectivity issues” in their home country.
The authority has provided complimentary accommodation and full board to the group, including food and beverages, and other amenities, at their current hotel, until their situation improves.
The CEO of RAKTDA, Raki Phillips, has extended his sympathies to the travellers, and says they will continue to receive support until they are able to return home.
“Our thoughts go out to the people of Kazakhstan during this challenging time and we sympathise with those last week who were unable to return home," said Phillips.
Phillips says his priority is the safety and wellbeing of the guests at this stressful time.


Dubai Mallathon passes 100,000 participants in second edition
UAE issues rainfall alert in several areas from Saturday afternoon
Abu Dhabi reopens parks, beaches after weather improvement
UAE, seven nations urge immediate halt to Israel's E1 settlement plan
Abu Dhabi closes parks, beaches due to weather changes