Five more cases have recovered from novel coronavirus (COVID-19) following hospitalisation in the UAE.
In a statement released on Monday, the UAE Ministry of Health of Prevention said two Emiratis, two Ethiopians, and a Thai national are the latest to recover from the virus, bringing the total number of recovered cases in the country to 12.
Earlier in the day, it said that 14 new cases had been confirmed in the emirates, bringing the tally so far to 59.
The Ministry said that the UAE’s handling of the cases - from diagnosis until recovery - reflects the strength of its health care system, thanks to the support of the leadership and its mandate to provide the highest levels of health care for all.
It added that infected individuals are being dealt with according to the highest health standards, and are receiving specialised medical care that conforms to standards set by the World Health Organisation.

UAE President joins call with Trump, regional leaders to discuss Iran peace deal
UAE delegation concludes participation in GLOBSEC Forum 2026 in Prague
UAE, Qatar discuss regional diplomacy and bilateral ties
UAE aid convoys enter Gaza with more than 930 tonnes of aid
Sheikh Abdullah discusses regional security with Czech PM in Prague