Japan's Naomi Osaka could be thrown out of the French Open if she continues to boycott post-match news conferences at the tournament, the board of Grand Slam tennis tournaments said on Sunday.
Osaka, who was fined USD 15,000 for skipping the news conference after her first-round victory at Roland Garros, could also face suspension from other Grand Slam tournaments, the board added.
The four-time Grand Slam champion said earlier this week she would not face the media during the French Open, citing mental health reasons.
"We have advised Naomi Osaka that should she continue to ignore her media obligations during the tournament, she would be exposing herself to possible further Code of Conduct infringement consequences," the board said in a statement.
"As might be expected, repeat violations attract tougher sanctions including default from the tournament... and the trigger of a major offence investigation that could lead to more substantial fines and future Grand Slam suspensions."
The board reminded Osaka that "a core element of the Grand Slam regulations is the responsibility of the players to engage with the media, whatever the result of their match".
It added that "the mental health of players competing in our tournaments and on the Tours is of the utmost importance to the Grand Slams".


Zayed Charity Run Abu Dhabi draws over 10,000 participants
India's focus now on winning ODI series, says captain Rahul
UAE to host Ireland for two-match T20I series
Crews eye $2 million SailGP prize in Abu Dhabi final
Roma tame Midtjylland and Malen double earns Villa win over Young Boys