Hussey returns to Australia after recovering from COVID-19

Twitter

Chennai Super Kings' batting coach Mike Hussey returned to Australia on Monday after recovering from COVID-19, the Indian Premier League (IPL) team said.

Chennai Chief Executive Kasi Viswanathan told PTI news agency that Hussey, who had been treated in hospital for COVID-19, had left for Australia early on Sunday via Doha on a commercial flight.

Australia lifted a two-week ban on its citizens returning from COVID-ravaged India last week.

"Back in super high spirits! Recovered and returned home safe!" Chennai tweeted, alongside a photo of Hussey and bowling coach Lakshmipathy Balaji, who has also recovered from the virus.

On Monday, most of Australia's IPL cricketers, including David Warner, Pat Cummins and Steve Smith, arrived in Sydney after passing a week in the Maldives waiting for border restrictions to be lifted.

International cricketers who were part of the IPL started heading back home a day after the lucrative Twenty20 competition was suspended on May 4 due to the COVID-19 crisis. 

More from Sports News

On Virgin Radio today

  • The Fix With Dany Neville

    7:00pm - 11:00pm

    Officially the UAE's favourite DJ, Dany Neville makes sure you have the soundtrack you need every Saturday night.

  • Musical Freedom

    11:00pm - Midnight

Trending on Virgin Radio