There are no cases of coronavirus in North Korea, despite claims from South Korean media claiming otherwise.
That's according to an official from the World Health Organisation (WHO), who said "there are no signals" to indicate there are COVID-19 cases in the country.
Dr. Mike Ryan, head of WHO's emergencies programme, said they had prioritised aid for North Korea, and a shipment of protective equipment was ready to be shipped.
Earlier, South Korean media claimed there were multiple cases and possible deaths from the virus in North Korea.
On Tuesday, the official newspaper of North Korea's ruling party reiterated that the country had "no confirmed case of the new coronavirus so far".
Meanwhile, South Korea reported 15 new cases of the coronavirus on Wednesday, bringing the total number of cases to 46.
The virus has so far killed more than 2,000 people in mainland China and spread to more than two dozen countries.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.
Thai schools conducted active shooter drills on Wednesday, as authorities moved to strengthen security measures two weeks after a 14-year-old opened fire at a school and killed at least eight people.
At least 21 people have died and four others injured in a head-on collision between a bus and a truck in the BR-373 highway in Brazil's southern state of Parana, the road operator said on Wednesday in an X post.