The US has stated on Sunday it conducted "self-defence strikes" on Iranian radar and drone control sites in Iran's Goruk and Qeshm Island at the weekend in what it said was a response to "aggressive" actions from Tehran.
The US Central Command said in a post on social media platform X that Iran had shot down a US MQ-1 drone that was operating over international waters.
CENTCOM said US fighter aircraft responded by eliminating Iranian air defenses, a ground control station, and two one-way attack drones.
It added that no US military personnel were harmed.
Iran's elite IRGC said on Monday its aerospace force targeted an air base used in what it called a US attack on a telecoms tower on Sirik Island, but did not give the location of the base.
The two countries had traded strikes last week as well with Iran targeting a US air base after the US military carried out what a Washington official said were strikes targeting an Iranian drone operation near the Strait of Hormuz.
Bangladeshi lawmakers elected veteran Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir as the country's new president on Thursday, making the longtime opposition figure the head of state after his party came to power in a major political transition.
Russian strikes have killed 16 people and injured more than 40 in Kyiv and the surrounding region on Thursday as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said a failure by Ukraine's allies to replenish its stock of air defence missiles was costing lives.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan plan to move back to Britain this month, six years after they stepped down from their royal duties and relocated to the US, a source close to the couple said.
South Korea's presidential office has condemned North Korea's launch of more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday and ordered its military to maintain full readiness during ongoing joint exercises with the United States.