At least six people died when an old four-storey building collapsed in the coastal city of Alexandria in northern Egypt, local officials said on Thursday.
Authorities had issued several restoration orders for the old building, which collapsed on Wednesday evening, but they had been ignored, Alexandria province Governor Mohamed el-Sherief told reporters at the scene.
Two families were living in the building and those killed included three men and three women, officials said.
Authorities have evacuated the building next to the one that collapsed after cracks appeared on it.


US, South Korea to cut length, scope of military drills after Trump order
Thai schools hold shooting response drills after deadly school attack
Bus-truck head-on collision in Parana, Brazil kills at least 21
At least 9 killed in hotel fire in India's Kolkata
Russian drone attacks kill five in Ukraine's Kherson, governor says