Iran and Saudi Arabia have agreed to discuss resuming flights and bilateral visits of official and private sector delegations, in addition to facilitating visas for citizens, a joint statement signed by the two countries on Thursday said.
The statement followed a meeting between Saudi Arabia and Iran's top envoys in Beijing, the first official meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries in more than seven years.
Footage on Saudi state-run Al-Ekhbariya TV showed Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud and his Iranian counterpart Hossein Amir-Abdollahian shaking hands and sitting side by side.
President Xi Jinping of China helped broker a surprise deal between the two countries last month to restore diplomatic ties.
The statement said they will re-open embassies and consulates within the two-month period stipulated in the agreement facilitated by China in March.


At least 90 dead in China's worst coal mine disaster in over 16 years
Israeli strikes kill six Lebanese medics in 24 hours, health ministry says
Uganda confirms three new Ebola cases, bringing total to five
Death toll in student dorm strike rises to 10, official says
US tells foreigners seeking green cards: Return to your countries to apply