Russia launched an overnight air attack against Ukraine on Sunday, sending missiles over other northern and central parts of the country, authorities said.
The Ukrainian military reported shooting down four cruise missiles of up to eight total airborne targets detected, adding that the rest of the targets were "probably false".
It also said there were no immediate reports of strikes.
The governor of Kyiv region, Ruslan Kravchenko, said two people had been wounded and 10 buildings damaged by falling missile debris in one unspecified area of the region.
"Thanks to the professional work of the air defense forces, there were no strikes on critical or residential infrastructure," he said in a statement.
All of Ukraine was under air raid alerts for about three hours early on Sunday before they were cleared at around 6:00 am (0300 GMT).
Russia has carried out a campaign of regular air strikes involving missiles and drones against Ukrainian centres far from the front line as part of its 18-month-old full-scale invasion.


Airbus, Air France found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 Atlantic crash
Building collapse kills at least 9 people in Morocco's Fez
Pakistan steps up diplomatic bid to get US-Iran peace talks on track
Philippines vows to arrest fugitive senator wanted by ICC
UN condemns Israeli decision to establish military facilities in East Jerusalem