Chinese Defence Minister has clarified that "Huwaei is not a military company" despite its founder Ren Zhengfei’s previous career in the army.
"Huawei is not a military company. Do not think that because the head of Huawei used to serve in the military, then the company that he built is part of the military," General Wei Fenghe said at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore.
This comes amid growing trade tensions between China and the US, in which the Chinese telecom giant was placed on an "entity list" on grounds of national security.
General Wei also hinted they are open for trade talks with the US.
"On the trade friction started by the US: if the US wants to talk, we will keep the door open. If they want to fight, we are ready," he said.
Last week, China's commerce ministry said it will release its own list of "unreliable entities".
Bangladeshi lawmakers elected veteran Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir as the country's new president on Thursday, making the longtime opposition figure the head of state after his party came to power in a major political transition.
Russian strikes have killed 16 people and injured more than 40 in Kyiv and the surrounding region on Thursday as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said a failure by Ukraine's allies to replenish its stock of air defence missiles was costing lives.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan plan to move back to Britain this month, six years after they stepped down from their royal duties and relocated to the US, a source close to the couple said.
South Korea's presidential office has condemned North Korea's launch of more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday and ordered its military to maintain full readiness during ongoing joint exercises with the United States.