Joao Mendes, the son of Brazil great Ronaldinho, has signed a one-year contract with Hull City, the second-tier Championship club said on Thursday.
The 20-year-old came up through Barcelona's youth set-up before moving to Burnley in 2024. He played regularly for their Under-21 team but was released earlier this year.
The deal includes an option for a one-year extension.
"I think it is good to be able to play in different styles of football," Mendes said in a statement. "In Brazil, it is one style, Spain is another one and England is another one, so I think it complements your game really well if you have played at different places."
Ex-Barcelona player Ronaldinho, who won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002 and was awarded the Ballon d'Or in 2005, posted a picture of Mendes holding a Hull jersey on Instagram with the caption: "Good luck at your new club and challenge, my son."

Zayed Charity Run Abu Dhabi draws over 10,000 participants
India's focus now on winning ODI series, says captain Rahul
UAE to host Ireland for two-match T20I series
Crews eye $2 million SailGP prize in Abu Dhabi final
Roma tame Midtjylland and Malen double earns Villa win over Young Boys